October Research LLC is airing Part 1
of its 2012 Dodd-Frank Webinar Series
on Thursday, July 26 at 3 p.m. ET. Members of the mortgage, real estate and settlement services industries are invited to join Dodd Frank Update
Editor Nathan Marinchick
for this 60-minute training Webinar that features nationally-known mortgage attorneys Richard Andreano Jr.
and Christopher Willis
of Ballard Spahr LLP.
The Webinar will focus exclusively on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) supervision of loan originations. Participants will be instructed on the “Mortgage Origination Examination Procedures” and will be given tips on how to prepare for CFPB regulatory examinations. In addition to mortgage professionals, it is important that settlement services professionals tune in, given that these examinations will force lending institutions to closely scrutinize the closing process and closing agents will be held accountable for following proper procedures.
The release of the examination manual is a major step in implementing the CFPB’s nonbank supervision program, and the CFBP is not waiting to act on it. Examinations have already begun and are expected to continue. Don’t be caught off guard. Learn now what you need to do to prepare.
A Webinar registration includes these benefits:
- Webinar attendance for you and your staff;
- A copy of the presentation materials and relevant feature articles from Dodd Frank Update;
- Real takeaways that you can apply to your business practices to help you prepare for CFPB oversight; and
- The opportunity to ask questions in our Q&A segment and connect with our speakers through the instant chat feature.
Go here to register for this Webinar, or call (877) 662-8623, ext. 6611.
Hosted by Dodd Frank Update, the complete series includes:
- Part 1: CFPB’s Supervision of Loan Originations
- Part 2: The New Age of the Whistleblower
- Part 3: Ability-To-Repay and Risk Retention (QM and QRM)
Go here to register for the complete series and save $59.99.